PrecautionsWounds subject to arterial insufficiency, diabetic conditions or signs of infection should be managed by a healthcare professional. Any experience of a reaction other than a short lasting stinging sensation, remove the wound dressing and wash the affected area. Not for use on heavily exudating wounds. DO NOT use on patients with known hypersensitivity to honey, plant hydrocolloids or cellulose acetate. In the event of a slow or non-responding wound seek medical advice.
IndicationsManuka+ Gauze is indicated as a contact layer for wounds such as:
- Venous ulcers;
- Pressure ulcers (I-IV);
- Diabetic Ulcers;
- 1st and 2nd degree burns;
- Surgical wounds
- Donor and recipient graft sites
- General First Aid.
- Inspect and cleanse the wound using standard techniques.
- Peel open the pouch, remove and apply the dressing. Ensure maximum contact with the wound bed.
- For sloughy or exudating wounds use additional honey (Melcare’s Manuka+ Wound Gel™).
- Wound margins can be protected by a suitable barrier cream (Melcare’s Derma Care™)
- Cover the dressing with an absorbent secondary dressing if required.
- Secure the dressing using a suitable bandage or fixation film.
- The frequency of changing will depend on the clinical circumstances and this can vary from more than once per day for draining wounds to twice per week for unsoiled dressings.